Process Services

Issuing / Filing


Superior Court

Small Claims

Skip Tracing

News / Updates

Useful Links

Site Map

Contact Us

Legal Documents Process Servers Will Serve

All originating documents, Subpoenas, Judgments, Termination of Tenancy forms, Summons and Complaints, Writs of Garnishment, Small Claims, Motion Records, Affidavits, Financial Statements, Notice of Application, Application Records, Application (Petition) for Divorce, Summons to Witness, Garnishment, Notice of Contempt, Plaintiff's Claim, Demand Letters and much more. Leave all the worry to us. Below are a few definitions regarding the documents - contact our process servers for other terms and definitions or call/email anytime - 519-496-8277.

Judicial summons

A summons is a legal document issued by a court (a judicial summons) or by an administrative agency of government (an administrative summons) for various purposes.
A judicial summons is addressed to a defendant in a legal proceeding. Typically, the summons will announce to the person to whom it is directed that a legal proceeding has been started against that person, and that a file has been started in the court records. The summons announces a date by which the defendant(s) must either appear in court, or respond in writing to the court or the opposing party or parties. The summons is the descendant of the writ of the common law.


In criminal cases, it is a criminal complaint (felony complaint) and the plaintiff is the State (also sometimes called the People) or Crown (in Commonwealth Realms) as the source of the prosecutor's authority emanates from the police power of the state with the defendant being the accused who faces criminal sanctions.

Statement of Claim

A claim is a legal action to obtain money, property or the enforcement of a right protected by law against another party. The legal document which carries a claim is called a Statement of Claim. It can be any communication notifying the addressee of any allegedly faulty execution which resulted in damages, often expressed in amount of money that the party should pay/reimburse.
There are several issues that are of concern when filing a statement of claim. Although a Statement of claim is fairly straight forward to file, it is important that it be done properly or you may lose your case due to a simple technicality.

Application for Divorce - Petition for Divorce


Summons to Witness - Subpoena

A subpoena is used to compel the testimony of witnesses in a trial or other adversarial proceeding. Subpoenas are issued by the clerk of the court (see below) in the name of the judge presiding over the case in which the witness is to testify. (Additionally, court rules often permit lawyers to issue subpoenas themselves in their capacity as officers of the court.) Typically subpoenas are issued "in blank" and it is the responsibility of the lawyer representing the plaintiff or defendant on whose behalf the testimony is to be given to serve the subpoena on the witness.
Areas that we can provide process serving to you or your professional law firm are:
Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Flamborough, Rockwood, Fergus, Erin, Orangeville, Ancaster, Dundas, Burlington, Milton, Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto, North York, New Market, Port Dover, Simcoe, St. Jacobs, Elmira, St. Marys, Stratford, Breslau, Baden, Ajax, Oshawa, Acton, St. Catharines, Scarborough, Niagara Falls, Oakville, Barrie, Brantford, Cayuga, Collingwood, Etobicoke, Grimsby, Ingersoll, North Bay, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Paris, St. Thomas, Welland, Vaughn Welland, Woodbridge, Woodstock, Whitby and many more cities and towns in Ontario.

CALL or EMAIL us directly for your no cost, no obligation quote - Process Serving Ontario.


Powered By:
Tri-City Process Servers

Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved, Ontario Process Services

Process Serving Network: www.OntarioProcessServers.ca www.TricityServers.net, www.ProcessServers.info, www.TheProcessServers.ca, www.TheProcessServers.net , www.ProcessServices.ca